Our school board has open meetings that are typically held at 7 pm on the 2nd Monday of each month. See our calendar, under "Quick Links" for any changes. You are welcome to join us in the important business of our school. Voting is reserved for board members.
June: Approve Merit Scholarship recipients.
July: Populate board committees with the recommendations from the Committee in Committees; Review school board duties.
August: Approve student roster and volunteer drivers for school field trips.
September: Recommend items for the October Constituency meeting.
February: Review annual progress report on Evaluation Study recommendations.
April: Financial Plan for Technology due; Recommend annual budget to the May Constituency meeting; Review changes to the Handbook.
May: Facilities Master Plan due; Approve changes to the Handbook.
See "Constitution and Bylaws" linked on the right for a complete description of the school board.
- To operate the School in harmony with the policies and standards of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.
- To implement any decisions made by the Constituency delegates in official session.
- To determine general operating policies for the School, keeping them current as the needs arise.
- To develop a biannual budget for the final approval of the Constituency delegates at the fall Constituency meeting.
- To authorize the expenditure of funds for the operation of the School.
- To form committees and appoint personnel deemed necessary to assist in School Board functions.
- To recommend faculty with counsel of the education department of the Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and principal of the School.
- To employ non-teaching personnel required to staff the School in counsel with the principal.
- To do preliminary planning for capital improvements for presentation to the Constituency.
- To establish tuition rates and fees for students from both Constituent and non-Constituent status.
- To review and publish the School calendar for the current year in consultation with the Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Department of Education.
- To act as final authority in matters pertaining to discipline working in counsel with administration and School faculty.
See an agenda, linked on the right by year, for board members and committee assignments.
School Board Chairperson and Assistant Chairperson(s)
Elected School Board members from each of the Constituent Churches
Pastors of Constituent Churches
Principal of School (School Board Secretary)
Assistant Chairperson for Finances (School Board Treasurer)
Home and School Association leader(s)
President, secretary, treasurer and superintendent of education of those Seventh-day Adventist conferences that have Churches in this Constituency.
Educational secretary of the Lake Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.